At the Kelley School of Business, our students understand what it takes to grow, accomplish, and persevere. That dedication—combined with an education that only the elite Kelley School can deliver—results in graduates with the skills needed to meet new challenges, to make positive change possible, and to contribute from day one.
We have our roots in the first business course offered at Indiana College in Bloomington in 1830. Indiana College grew to be Indiana University, and the School of Commerce and Finance, established in 1920, grew to be the Kelley School of Business. We've offered business courses on our Indianapolis campus since 1961, implemented executive education in 1952, and advance business education on a global scale.
Recruiters tell us they seek out our students and graduates for their positive, hard-working attitude and their confidence that comes from the real-world, applicable education our faculty deliver at every degree level. Our faculty members demand—and get—the best results from our students and our students achieve success. It's reflected in our students' exceptional job-offer rates, the reputation of our career services, and our global reputation as a top business school.
The mission of the Kelley School of Business is to transform the lives of students, organizations, and society through management education and research. Our aim is to produce: a) students who are citizens of the world who have a positive impact on their organizations and on the communities in which they live, and b) research that advances both theory and practice. We emphasize a collaborative approach that encourages the creation of value-added partnerships among faculty, students, alumni, other universities and academic units at IU, and with private-sector and not-for-profit organizations.
At the Kelley School, we are committed to maintaining a system of values grounded on:
- Ethical conduct and integrity
- Excellence, professionalism, and pride in all that we do
- Personal initiative and individual responsibility
- Full engagement of all of our faculty and staff in pursing the mission of the School
- Ongoing innovation in our programs and scholarship
- A spirit of collaboration, civility, respect, and collegial conduct in all contexts
- Open and forthright communication
- Diversity and inclusiveness, and
- Just and equitable recognition for performance